Today is turning out to be a truly perfect day. It’s beautiful outside, it’s SATURDAY, I’m seeing some college friends tonight for a sweet little gathering and…
MY FOODIE SWAP PACKAGE ARRIVED! About a month ago, I became a part of a health foodie & fitness Facebook blogging committee, run by Georgie of In it for the Long Run. Her incredible mind came up with the idea to host a foodie swap. Think, pen pals, but… well… better. After filling out a short little “survey” listing some of our favorite and least favorite foods and flavors, we were each given a food swap buddy to send a package to, containing pretty much anything (generally food-related).
I don’t know which aspect of this little project was more fun – shopping for somebody else, or anxiously awaiting to see what was in MY package! Turns out, my foodie swap buddy was Georgie, herself. ❤
I woke up pretty early this morning, so I hit the trails for an early morning run. Upon coming up, THIS was at my doorstep:
My package! Talk about the perfect post-run treat. Inside, a few of my favorite things, along with some things I’ve never tried. Georgie, you did well! *applause, applause* Here’s what my package contained:
- Trader Joe’s dark chocolate covered almonds. Always, always a favorite.
- Trader Joe’s roasted coconut chips. Never tried these specific coconut chips, but I do love anything coconut. These sound divine!
- Trader Joe’s freeze dried mango. YES.
- Kind bars. Two of them! Maple Glazed Pecan & Sea Salt and Caramel Almond & Sea Salt. These are always a go-to, so I’m so happy to have received these!
- Trader Joe’s semi-sweet chocolate chunks. Georgie mentioned that these are a stellar baking alternative to regular old chocolate chips. I can totally see that being true! Definitely going to utilize these soon.
- Trader Joe’s dark chocolate Cookie Butter cups. Admittedly, when I first saw these, Ed’s voice spoke up. “You can’t eat those.” Everybody I know loves TJ’s Cookie Butter, but that’s still been a bit of a fear food for me. PB was a big step for me to overcome, so taking it up a notch to Cookie Butter is a hurdle I have yet to overcome. But, I’m happy to say I had one cup with my morning cup of coffee and loved it. I see it being my once-a-day, today’s-going-to-be-a-good-day addition to my morning coffee!
- Ritter Sport Milk Chocolate Butter Biscuit. I’ve never had this, but it sounds lovely! Similar to the cookie butter cups, it’ll definitely be a square-a-day little indulgent treat. A little chocolate never killed anybody, right? 😉
- Roasted plantain chips. Oooooh, Georgie, girl you did well. I love plantain! Admittedly, I’ve never had them in chip-form, but I’m soooo looking forward to trying these!
So to wrap it all up, it was the perfect box, full of some of my favorite things, as well as few little food challenge items that I’m happy to have received. I’ve dropped my package off at the post office today, so once I know that Georgie has received it, I’ll share what I bought!